After scanning this collection as a potential review, I was automatically enamored. Marni is known for their eccentric patterns, a trademark they pull off well. As for this collection, there is much to love. For this review, I am going to use a different tactic. I am going to go through each look and write down what comes to mind as I scan each piece.
Let's see how this goes.
Marni Pre-Fall 2012
- Native American influence
- Sassy teacher pins/patches
- I must have color block leggings
- Mules and loafers are back
- Western influences done right
- Doe eyes
- Sunglasses are reminiscent to Prada
- Stripes and color blocking work wonders
- My music is really loud (actual thought)
- Punk influence in the sweater and flannel works well with the pins
- Peter Pan collars rule
- Fur and polygamist skirt done well
- I actually like color?
- I like the neutral looks better
- I love platform Mary Jane's a lot
- Fur, pattern, pattern, color block, shoes
- Big fur coats synched at the waist? Not so much
- Yes yes yes COLOR BLOCK YES
- French scarves tied effortlessly around the neck, yes
- Creepers in the fashion world?! I can finally get a pair
- I still like color?
- Love the yellow fur with the tartan and statement earrings
- More is more is more is more is more
- Tartan suit? Yes.
- Blazer raincoat? Yes please
- Netted blazer remind me of YSL caged boots
- I STILL LIKE COLOR?
- Fur accents are pretty nice
- I like the disheveled hair
Although it may seem as if all of my thoughts are unorganized, they are all rather cohesive. This collection, like my thoughts, seems very random and disheveled on the surface. Once you keep digging, however, you see that everything has a purpose and is placed where it after meticulous consideration. Every look that seems to be thrown together is properly organized so that the patterns clash exactly right, so the pins and Peter Pan collar don't have to compete, so the color block and the stripes are on different plains of sight. The nudes work wonders with the bold blues, greens and yellows, and the tans and grays work seamlessly with the tartans, stripes and blocks of colors. One of my first true looks at Marni and I can definitely say I am a fan. This collection has definitely won my heart, and as a lover of all things "more is more" I am sure to return to this house season after season.
I am enamored with the effortless cool girl look in this collection
What do you think?